This tasty and healthful Curry Chicken Salad is flavored in a way that is influenced by Indian cuisine. This is a meal that you will want to cook again and over again since it is so simple to prepare and contains curry powder, which is high in antioxidants, and veggies that are crisp.
Chicken Curry and Slaw Recipe
- 2 2 limes
- 3/4 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Container Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Crystallized Ginger (Chopped)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper (Crushed)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Small Cantaloupe
- 1 Head Boston Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Mango
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Grate 1/2 tsp of lime peel, and squeeze 2 tbsp of juice.
- Curry powder, yogurt, salt, ginger, and crushed red pepper are whisked in with the peel and juice. Save 2 tablespoons.
- Stir to evenly coat chicken in the mixture, then cover and allow stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Combine the mango and cantaloupe with the 2 tbsp of yogurt mixture that was set aside in a stainless steel basin using a rubber spatula.
- Heat the grill to medium and oil the grill rack.
- Cook chicken for 6 minutes in a covered pan over high heat after draining.
- Cook for a further six minutes while turning and covered.
- Chicken should be cut into strips and served with lettuce and coleslaw on top.