The famous Southeast Asian street snack known as satay, which is regarded as Indonesia’s national dish, typically consists of skewered and grilled marinated beef that is then served with a simple sauce dip. Many various types of meat, marinades, spices, and even skewer materials may be used to make satay, depending on the locale.
Enjoying your grilled chicken with this classic Indonesian cuisine is a terrific idea. Exceptionally well-marinated, perfectly-grilled chicken satay skewers. BEST creamy peanut sauce ever served with the meal!
- 6 Skewers
- Large Bowl
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (Cubed)
- 3 Tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 3 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Peanut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pinch Ground Cumin
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Onion (Minced)
- 1/2 Cup Chunky Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, peanut oil, tomato sauce, pepper, garlic, and cumin.
- Add the chicken to the mixture and thoroughly coat.
- For 30 minutes, cover and chill the dish in the fridge.
- Heat grill to high.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion for 5 minutes before adding the garlic and cooking for an additional 1 minute.
- In a saucepan, combine the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, and sugar while frequently stirring. Lemon juice is added after the heat is turned off.
- 6 skewers with chicken should be used. Grill the chicken for five minutes each side. Serve.