The best Christmas ham, which is really simple to prepare and is always a hit. Ham is always a good choice for the holidays, and this glazed version is both lovely and delicious. For you and your family, try this recipe for Glazed Holiday Ham!
Also try Perdue Farms Guide: Best Way to Cook a Ham
Glazed Holiday Ham Recipe
To make this dish easier and faster, buy a ham that has already been cooked from the market.
- Small bowl
- Large Dish
- 6 Lbs Bone-in Ham (pre-cooked)
- 1 1/2 Cups Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 16 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1 Can Pineapple Slices
- 1 Jar Maraschino Cherries
- Score the ham and trim the fat.
- Combine ginger, syrup, nutmeg, and allspice in a small bowl.
- Put the ham in a large dish, brush it with the sauce, and let it rest for 2 hours at room temperature while, basting often.
- Heat smoker to 225 °F.
- Stud ham with cloves and remove from dish; place into smoker.
- Cook for 3 hours, baste with the syrup mixture every hour.
- Add the pineapple and cherries, then simmer for a further hour. Serve.