Grilled Chicken Panzanella is perfect if you want to add a little culture to your meals. No of the season, the family will like this delicious Tuscan dish. To make the freshest possible Panzanella, use only the ripest tomatoes. What a wonderful recipe for a potluck or spring/summer supper. This classic recipe is great for a meal in a bowl and works well, warm or cold.
Grilled Chicken Panzanella Recipe
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 Loaf Country Bread
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Lbs Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon Chopped Basil Leaves
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Set the grill to a medium heat.
- Whisk together the garlic, vinegar, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 tbsp olive oil in a large stainless steel bowl.
- Brush the remaining olive oil over the bread pieces, red peppers, and onions in the jelly roll pan; sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken, bread, peppers, and onions on the grill using tongs.
- Turn the bread over and cook it for a further minute under indirect heat after cooking it covered for two minutes.
- After removing the bread, flip the peppers and onion and cook for a further six minutes. Remove the peppers and onion, flip the chicken, and cook for a further 6 minutes. All items should be cut into half-inch pieces.
- Toss the tomatoes, basil, vinaigrette, chicken, onion, peppers, and bread together in a basin. Serve.