Although popular in India, many renditions of tandoori chicken are flavorless or dry. You can’t go wrong with this dish if you want to include Indian flavors in your next BBQ. Tender and juicy on the inside with a lovely char on the surface, grilled tandoori chicken has all the vibrant colors you’d expect from tandoori chicken served in restaurants grilled to smokey perfection after being covered in a special tandoori marinade.
Grilled Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- Large Stainless Steel Bowl
- 4 Lbs Bone in Chicken Pieces
- 2 Tablespoon Plain Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- Incorporate all the ingredients—aside from the chicken—in a large stainless steel bowl and whisk to combine well.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and stir to evenly coat.
- After an hour of cooling, drain.
- Set the grill to a medium heat.
- For 15 minutes, grill the chicken pieces over indirect heat with the lid off.
- Turn over and cook for a further 15 minutes uncovered. Serve.