Are you a soup enthusiast? Even if not, this soup will definitely will give you an appetite. Try this simple and easy to cook wonderful recipe.
Guinness French Onion Soup
With toasted bread and oozy cheese on top, Guinness French Onion Soup is brimming with caramelized onions, beef broth, and Guinness beer. Any time of year, especially on a chilly winter night, is ideal for this meal.
- 4 White Onion (sliced)
- 4 Red Onion (sliced)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Thyme
- Garlic (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Beef or Chicken Stock
- 1 Can Guinness Draught
- French Bread
- Pecorino (grated)
- Provolone (sliced)
- Put the white onions and red onions in a casserole, pour some olive oil.
- Cook on medium low heat. Add fresh thyme. Cook for 45-60 minutes.
- Put garlic and mix. Remove thyme stem. Add oregano and black pepper, mix.
- Pour on the beef/chicken stock, stir. Pour a can of beer. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Slice french bread and place it on an aluminum pan, drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then toast.
- Pour the onion soup in a small container that can be put in the oven, put the toasted bread in the soup, add the pecorino cheese and top with provolone cheese.
- Bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes. Or you can also use a chimney broiler to boil and melt the cheese. Best serve when hot.
This recipe was created by White Thunder BBQ on YouTube.