It’s time to fire up the grill! Make your next burger taste like it was made in Kentucky with this recipe for a burger that was inspired by the Kentucky Hot Brown. This burger is likely to be a success since it has traditional Hot Brown tastes such as handmade mornay sauce, turkey, tomato, and bacon on top of a patty that has just been removed from the grill.
Kentucky Hot Brown Burger
A simple snack yet very enticing. Try this very easy recipe to enjoy your snack time. Nice to share with family and friends to enjoy.
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Small Metal/Stainless Lid
- Turkey Meat (ground)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 Slices Bacon
- Tomatoes (slice)
- Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Toast Bread (Thick Cut)
- Parsley (chopped)
- Mornay Sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Salted Butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Pecorino Romano Cheese (grated)
- Nutmeg (ground)
- Kosher Salt
- Using the ground turkey meat, form a burger patty, then place it in the fridge to tighten up.
- Season the patty with kosher salt and black pepper then place it on the griddle, put on kosher salt and pepper on the side of the patty that doesn't have yet.
- Using a small metal/stainless lid, place it over the coals to heat up.
- Cook bacon on the side of the patty, flip the burger to cook the other side. Add the tomato on top of the patty, then the mornay sauce and cheese. Then put the cover onto the patty to cook.
- Spread a little butter on the bread then toast it.
- Set up the bread. Put on the patty, then add the bacon on top, add a little bit of paprika and parsley. Then cover with the other toasted bread. Serve and enjoy!
- Preheat a cast iron skillet on the grill. Put in the butter, melt it. Add all-purpose flour to create a roux, whisk it in.
- Once it started to brown up, add the heavy cream slowly, continue whisking until its bubble and thick.
- Add the grated pecorino romano cheese, whisk to the mixture.
- Add pinch of nutmeg, pepper and kosher salt, whisk and set aside.
This recipe was created by Ballistic BBQ on YouTube.