One of our most popular dishes, Miko Moko Cornish Hens, is one that you will undoubtedly adore. It is highly recommended that you give these game chickens prepared on the barbecue in the Hawaiian way a try.
Miko Moko Cornish Hens Recipe
A favorite dish that you will surely love. These Hawaiian style grilled game hens are definitely worth a try!
- 4 Cornish Game Hens
- 1 2-gal Ziploc Bag
- Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2.5 lbs Ground Pork
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Sherry Cooking Wine
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 Pineapples (for serving/presentation)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Five Spices
- 2 tbsp Sherry Cooking Wine
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 slices Minced Ginger
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- For the marinade, mix all ingredients in a bowl until everything is well combined.
- Prep the Cornish hens and clean them beforehand, pat dry, and put in a Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade in and marinate overnight in your refrigerator.
- Saute green onions. After a minute or two, add garlic and saute for another minute. Set aside. Brown the ground pork, then remove and set it aside.
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry wine, salt and pepper in the pan and bring to a boil. Then add the cornstarch and water. Mix, then add the sauteed onion, garlic and ground pork. Stir until incorporated, you can add water if necessary.
- Prepare your smoker and place the Cornish hens inside. Smoke for about 30 minutes, then flip the hens over.
- Cook to 180F / 82C Internal temperature before removing your hens from the smoker.
- To serve, split pineapple in half horizontally from base to crown with the leaves left intact and cored the fruit in the pineapple. Place the Cornish Hens in the pineapple and the ground pork to serve.
This recipe was created by White Thunder BBQ on YouTube.