An easy to make sandwich with a taste of smoked meat. Try this amazing recipe and enjoy it along with your family and friends.
Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich
If you like pastrami, you will find that Montreal Smoked Meat is quite similar in flavor. This sandwich is quite amazing, and I sincerely wish that you will give it a go at some point.
- 18 Lbs Corned Beef Brisket
- Rub (recipe below)
- Rye Bread
- Yellow Mustard
- 3 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seed
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper (crushed)
- First, trim off as much fat as you can on the beef brisket. In a big container, soak it with water for 2 days to remove salt. Make sure to replace the water a few times with in the time frame.
- Get the beef brisket, pat dry using a paper towel. Apply a heavy coating of the rub. Wrap and refrigerate for 2 days.
- Preheat Smoker for about 230 degrees.
- Take out the beef brisket, add more rub. Place it in the grill grates for indirect cooking. Cook for 11 hours. Then wrap it with an aluminum foil and bring internal temp to 203 degrees.
- Unwrap and let it rest for a few minutes then refrigerate over night.
- Steam to warm, until very tender.
- Cut into slices. Spread some yellow mustard on a rye bread. Add the beef brisket, top with another bread. Serve and enjoy.
- Using mortar and pestle crush black pepper, coriander and mustard seed. Transfer in a small bottle container.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dill weed, celery seed and red pepper, then shake until all ingredients are fully incorporated.