Vegetable asparagus is ideal for absorbing the taste of a smoker. This delectable recipe is one that you can prepare ahead of time and then completely forget about. The ideal side dish for the summer is smoked asparagus.
Smoked Asparagus Recipe
- 1.5 Lbs Asparagus (trim the bottoms)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (fresh is always preferable)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Bring smoker to 240 °F.
- Melt butter and saute garlic for three minutes in a small pan on the stovetop.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper after removing from the fire.
- Onions should be placed in the bottom of a heat-resistant container, such as a cast iron pan or glass baking dish.
- Arrange asparagus spears on top of the onions, then cover everything with the butter mixture. Openly place the dish in your smoker.
- Serve after an hour of smoking at 240 °F.