In this sweet and Smoked Honey Brined Turkey recipe, a sweet honey brine serves a dual purpose: both as a sweetener and as a browning agent.
Smoked Honey Brined Turkey Recipe
This turkey achieves the right level of crispiness while cooking and has a hint of sweetness.
- Roasting Pan
- Large Cooler
- 15 Lbs Whole Turkey (giblets removed)
- 1 Lb Salt
- 1 Gallon Hot Water
- 16 Oz Honey
- 2 Qts Vegetable Broth
- 7 Lb Bag of Ice
- Vegetable Oil
- Melt the salt in the boiling water in a big cooler before adding the honey and vegetable oil. Remix after adding ice.
- Put the turkey in the brine breast-up and let it stand for 12 hours with the cooler's lid shut.
- Remove the turkey from the chiller after 12 hours, pat it dry, and then rub it with vegetable oil.
- Heat smoker to 250 °F.
- Put the turkey in a roasting pan and cover it with foil in a loose tent.
- Place the roasting pan into the smoker, then cover it and let it smoke for 10 hours.
- Let stand 30 minutes, then carve and serve.