This spud beef stew is excellent. It is amazing on its own with incredibly soft beef, gravy also known as liquid gold, delicious carrots and peas, but adding mashed potatoes completely transforms the experience into something else entirely. Who doesn’t like a velvety mashed potato? Honestly. Try it out for yourself!
Spud Steak Stew
Having those cold nights? Try this simple yet perfect combination recipe to get you heated up and satisfied.
- 4 Lbs Beef
- 4-5 Lbs Potato
- 6-8 Cups Beef Broth
- ½ Cup Carrots (sliced)
- ½ Cup Celery (sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Onion (chopped)
- Bay Leaves
- ½ teaspoon Allspice/Jamaican Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Pour water in a large pot, add the potatoes and cook until ready to be mashed.
- Simmer beef broth, add salt, pepper, carrots, celery, onion, lemon juice, allspice, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Stir, simmer and set aside.
- Cut beef into steaks. Rub salt and pepper on each side of the steak. Put the beef on the grill for direct cooking.
- Sear both sides. Remove from the grill once done. Cut it for about 1 inch cube.
- Add the beef chunks into the beef pot. Stir and let it simmer for about 3-4 hours to get the beef tender.
- Drain water on the potato pot. Add butter, salt and pepper. Mashed the potatoes.
- Put the mashed potatoes on a plate, then add the beef stew for perfect combination. Serve while hot and enjoy!
This recipe was created by BBQ Pit Boys on YouTube.