This dish is simple and has a nice oregano taste. The warm, fragrant flavor of oregano complements almost any vegetable and chicken meal you may contemplate preparing. A tasty, tender, and savory lunch for the entire family may be made with oregano chicken in only 30 minutes of preparation and an hour of grilling.
Oregano is the herb of choice for meals with a Mediterranean influence. It readily stands up and has a powerful, earthy flavor. Just remember to add it near the end of cooking time since oregano rapidly loses flavor when exposed to heat.
Oregano Chicken Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Lemons
- Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- 4 Chicken Halves
- Combine oil, lemon juice, and zest in a small bowl. Oregano, black pepper, and two teaspoons of salt. Divided into two plastic bags that can be sealed.
- Shake the bags to coat the two chicken halves before letting them stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Oil the grill grates and preheat it to medium heat.
- Dry the chicken, then set it skin side up on the grill
- After 20 minutes, flip the dish, cover it again, and cook it for another 15 minutes over indirect heat.
- Chicken should be covered in foil and let 10 minutes to rest.
- Lemon halves should be charred on the grill for 10 minutes.
- Sliced chicken is served with lemon halves on top.