Are you a fan of fried chicken? Make use of this simple recipe: Because of the sweet spice rub, the chicken in this dish has an excellent peppery taste reminiscent of the South. If you give some smoked chicken prepared in a southern manner a try, you’ll quickly understand why everyone is raving about it. Try this Smoked Southern Style Chicken recipe with your family and friends now!
You can also check Farm Fresh Chicken delivered to your door from Perdue Farms!
Smoked Southern Style Chicken Recipe
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Paprika
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Rosemary Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- Remove the chicken's spine after cutting it in half.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT salt and chicken.
- Salt the chicken well, then massage with the spice mixture.
- Heat smoker to 325 °F.
- Cook the chicken in the smoker for two hours before serving.